Monday, May 7, 2007

Paris Hilton Goes to Jail??

Well, I'm usually not one to write a lot about what's happening in the news...but this really caught my attention. So much, that I actually called my wife and told her when I heard it on television. Paris Hilton has always kind of seemed like the type of person who thinks she is above the law. I don't really appreciate people like this, especially those who are stars and think that they have something over everyone, just because they have money. I was actually quite pleased to hear that she was going to jail, not because I have anything against her, but because she needs to serve her time for the things she's done like any person would. People are upset that she's not at least getting the opportunity to stay in a "nicer" jail than normal people, and I for one disagree with this dispute. I think that she should have to serve her jail sentence in a normal jail like anyone else would. I know there are many sides and opinions to this story, but the bottom line is that everyone should be treated the same way when it comes to the law. The law is in place for a reason, if someone is not following it (no matter who they are), they should be punished.
 
ss_blog_claim=c861904890d0921e171abff05feba321 ss_blog_claim=c861904890d0921e171abff05feba321